[Asterisk-Users] Snom firmwares suck <--additional datapoint to consider

Jerry Jones jjones at danrj.com
Fri May 26 06:01:33 MST 2006

I would like to suggest using any managed switch and hard setting the
ports to 100/full

I have found that the auto negotiation algorithm is generally to
blame on many switches.

As an example, connecting a cisco router to a netgear/dlink/3com/etc
will geneerate errors on the cisco interface. connecting cisco to
cisco does not. connectig netgear/dlink etc does not.

But disabling auto makes all play nice together.