[Asterisk-Users] Getting stuck right at the beginning

Wolfgang Paul Rauchholz wp.rauchholz at gmail.com
Fri May 26 05:51:25 MST 2006

 I just installed asterisk at home 2.8 SW on a DELL box. I can connect from my
webbrowser to the AMP GUI and can with no problem work with it.

The DELL box has 2 NICs and is connected itself to an ADSL router. The
firewall is on the external NIC (eth0), the firewall of the router is
switched off.

In order to connect to the internet, I setup the firewall, packet
forwarding, DNS and "add route"

I can surfe with my laptop on the internet being connected to the internal
NIC (eth1). So that should be correct.

I am trying now to connect a Grandstream GXP2000 to asterisk but get no
connection to the server. I followed Nerd Vittel's procedure step by step,
but no way to connect (I am not talking of making calls yet).
There is communication between the GXP2000 and asterisk. I set the asterisk
server as the NTP (time) server for the phone and the correct date/time is
displayed on the phone.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
Thanks a lot in advance for your help