[Asterisk-Users] Re: X100P fails to initialize

Lachek Butalek lachek at gmail.com
Fri May 26 03:50:56 MST 2006

>From what I understood Zaptel was ported to the Mac quite some time ago.
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2004-October/060872.html

Also, TerraSoft sponsored an Asterisk port to YellowDog Linux on PPC - from
what I gather, with full Zaptel support.
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+Linux+Yellow+Dog

I didn't think it's be necessary to run YDL to get Zaptel to work. Does
anyone know if this is the case? From what I understand, as long as zaptel
compiles it's up to udev and the kernel to do the remaining hardware
detection and resource assignment, which should be a distribution-agnostic
process.

Is it possible that this particular chip used in this particular X100P clone
is not supported on LinuxPPC? It is a Motorola 6508 chip, identical to the
SM56 winmodem. A picture of the card is here:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Its-Real-X100P-FXO-card-oem-for-Digium-Asterisk-pbx_W0QQitemZ9730539695QQcategoryZ61841QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Appreciative for any help.