[Asterisk-Users] Polycom 301's drop last two digits of dialed number

Jamie Heckford Jamie.Heckford at interfuture.co.uk
Fri May 26 02:49:30 MST 2006

Hi All,

Having a rather annoying problem with the Polycom 301 phones, suspect it
to be my dialplan.

Basically if you lift the receiver off the handset and dial a number, it
will not let you dial a number longer than 10 digits (Can see this being
acceptable in US, but in UK its a right pain). As soon as the 10th digit
is entered, it starts to dial and the number is invalid. If the phone is
left on hook and the number is dialed, it works fine when pressing the
'send' key on the handset as it sends the whole number.

Can anyone shed any light on this issue? I thought it could be asterisk
is trying to Dial to soon so I added a Wait in the dialplan but it
didn't seem to work.

Kind regards

Jamie Heckford
Technical Consultant