[Asterisk-Users] PAP-2 Conferencing Problems

Stuart Elvish - Dallas Delta Corporation Pty Ltd stuart.elvish at dallasdelta.net
Thu May 25 22:25:59 MST 2006

Just come across a problem - we have sent out heaps of PAP-2 ATA's and
just discovered that when joined in a conference they are choppy on the
up leg (so the other users in the conference will hear them with a
choppy sound) but the down leg is perfectly fine (so the end user can
hear the conference participants perfectly).

I have tested the same setup with different brands of ATA's and with IP
phones and there aren't any problems. I have also tested a couple of
different codecs (g729 and ulaw) and the problem seems to still exist.

The problem happens when the ATA is  both internal and external to the
VoIP server network.

Does anyone have any suggestions?