[Asterisk-Users] PRI Moving channels?

Matt Loretitsch matt at bird-technologies.com
Thu May 25 11:21:58 MST 2006

Hey Folks....I am on the 1.2 branch with the latest from Subversion.
I've been having a rough go for the last several months integrating
asterisk with out Altigen system.

I can get calls inward just fine.  I have zero missed interrupts on the
digium 110p card.  I have zero frame slips according to both sides.
Outgoing calls sometimes work, but more often than not I get the
following:

    -- Executing Dial("SIP/2352-9056", "Zap/g1/2352") in new stack
    -- Requested transfer capability: 0x00 - SPEECH
    -- Called g1/2352
    -- Zap/1-1 is proceeding passing it to SIP/2352-9056
    -- Moving call from channel 1 to channel 2
    -- Zap/0:2-1 is ringing
May 25 12:41:15 WARNING[29763]: chan_zap.c:4493 zt_read: Unable to set
channel 2 (index 0) to linear mode.
    -- Zap/0:2-1 answered SIP/2352-9056
    -- Channel 0/2, span 1 got hangup request
    -- Hungup 'Zap/0:2-1'
  == Spawn extension (from-internal, 2352, 1) exited non-zero on
'SIP/2352-9056'
May 25 12:41:27 WARNING[22467]: chan_zap.c:7797 pri_fixup_principle:
Call specified, but not found?

I have changed my local dial plan settings etc. to no avail.  The only
way I can get it to consistently work is by defining the group as having
only ONE channel forcing it to always use channel one.  The Altigen
system never moves the call, it stays on channel 1.  I get the answer,
but no audio in either direction of course since Asterisk thinks it got
moved to channel 2.  The channel it gets moved to seems to be random.

Any advice?  It's never worked right with this system and I'm positive
the T1 link is solid as I have weeks with no frameslips.I'm using
Asterisk as my conferencing server in house and it does a fine job with
20 people at a time.

Thanks!
-Matt

Attached configs:

Zaptel.conf
span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
bchan=1-23
dchan=24

Zapata.conf
[channels]
context=from-trunk
signalling=pri_cpe
switchtype=5ess  (tried national 2 then 5ess as a second try, both cause
same behavior)
callerid=asreceived
musiconhold=default
group=1
#overlapdial=yes (no effect on problem)
#pridialplan=  (tried every setting with no luck)
channel=>1-23