[Asterisk-Users] VLAN info

Florian Overkamp florian at obsimref.com
Thu May 25 05:29:57 MST 2006

Hi,

Citeren Alan Neville <alan at barlan.ie>:

> I'm looking for any information on setting up VLANs to seperate the telephony
> network from the ordinary network. I have google'd around but haven't found a
> lot of information in the best way to go about this. Has anyone managed to do
> this successfully in conjunction with asterisks? If so, could they provide an
> overview of what they did and how they find it? Did the performance improve
> after the VLANs were setup?

Using VLAN's (and more importantly, VLAN priority settings) will most definitely
be able to improve VoIP quality. In Linux, a VLAN will be another logical
ethernet interface, and thus, to the configuration of Asterisk it makes no
difference. Take a look at:

http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7268

--
Met vriendelijke groet,