[Asterisk-Users] Spoofing a BLF Signal?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed May 24 16:18:37 MST 2006

Matt wrote:
> My system does not have bristuff installed.   The problem, though,
> that I see with bristuff is it would turn ALL of my agents ACD lights
> on when one logged in.   What I really just want to do is turn on a
> light on a phone when someone dials an extension.   It really is
> looking like there is no way at all to do this =(

Yes, the bristuff package contains exactly what you would need to do
this... a virtual 'device' channel driver, and diaplan applications to
set the state of that device. Combined with a hint to watch that device,
you can manage the BLF lamps on your phones.

> Clearly I can do something like:
> 2345,hint,2345 and a show hints shows 2345 as either Idle or
> Unavailable.  Can I manually change the setting for an extension?

Not at this time, no. The extension state is computed by combining the
device states of all the devices in the hint, and that's all. The code
OEJ has been working on will make a virtual device manager available,
which would work the same way as the bristuff package does it.