[Asterisk-Users] latest @Home questions

Michael George george at mutualdata.com
Wed May 24 13:42:26 MST 2006

We are moving our asterisk 1.0 system to a new Asterisk @Home
system (2.8) and I am the one in charge of doing it.

I have run into a snag, though, on meetme conferences and with the
transfer key.

Regarding the transfer, it appears that both directions of all calls can
transfer by pressing the # key.  I do not like that ability.  I would
like to change it by doing 2 things:

1. Make the transfer sequence be ## rather than #
	I looked at the features.conf file and it didn't have an entry for
	blindxfer, so I added it.  However, # is still the transfer character
	so it doesn't seem to be recognizing the settings from
	features.conf.

2. Not allow incoming calls to transfer at all.
	I've looked at the dial() string on incoming calls and they do not
	contain a t or T like I would expect for the channel to be able to
	transfer.

As for the meetme conferences, the docs say that for all extensions
defined, there is a meetme conference at 8<ext>.  So extension 250 would
have a conference at 8250.  This isn't the case on our installation.

I went to the Conference menu item and defined a conference at 1000 and
I put an entry into the IVR for incoming callers to get into the
conference and that works fine (except that after the PIN number, they
cannot press # to signal the end of the PIN -- that will try a
transfer).  However, I don't have a way to get to the conference from an
extension.

I think I'm missing something, because meetme setup cannot be that
difficult...

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

--
-M

There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
	Those who can count in binary and those who cannot.