[Asterisk-Users] Packetization configuration of IAX channels

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Wed May 24 11:23:15 MST 2006

Vij wrote:
>    I have seen a few threads where people have applied packetization
> patch and have varied the packetizing rate of RTP/SIP and hence
> reducing the bandwidth required for the call.

> Is there a way to do the same with IAX?.
Not at this time.  There was some discussion about making the
packetization
infrastructure be frame-based so any that IAX could make use of it, but
so
far no one with the knwoledge and skills to make it happen has stepped
up.

> Will the tos=0x08 (highthroughput), or using the bandwidth directive
help?
That will set the ToS/DiffServ flags to give the IAX packets a priority
boost, but will not reduce bandwidth requirements.

> Thanks in advance,
> Vij

Dan