[Asterisk-Users] Re: USB headsets?

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed May 24 08:34:18 MST 2006

On Wednesday 24 May 2006 10:48, Bruno de Assumpção Loureiro wrote:
> Plantronics CS50, or someone bluetooth( it's a notebook so...).

I have not found a single bluetooth stack for win32 that does not have a
crippling audio problem -- it seems to "peg" my transmit (mic) audio to
full-blast nuclear-meltdown screeching horror noise after a few connects.

The only way to fix it has been to unplug the BT dongle (I've tried DLink and
Linksys) and plug it back in, and then it works again for a bit.

The Win XP BT stack doesn't work at all with these dongles (Linksys is BT1.0
and DLink is BT1.1 I think is the version #, newer than the Linksys anyway)
and that makes me believe it's the driver itself.  I've tried four different
headsets (Motorola HS810 and HS850, Treo-self-branded and Sony HBH-662) --
the Sony is by far the best for the Treo 650, but they all do this when
working with Windows.

When they DO work, though... it's really nice... I can do the dishes and talk
to mom without a cord hanging down or getting crunchy neck syndrome.

-A.