[Asterisk-Users] Re: USB headsets?

M.Hockings veeshooter at hockings.net
Wed May 24 06:32:43 MST 2006

Leo Ann Boon wrote:
> jan.sarin at securia.se wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> What USB headset would you recomend?
>> We have some laptop soundcards that are really bad and I would be glad
>> if you could share your experiences when changing to a USB headset
>> instead of using the built in soundcard in your computer.
>>

> The plantronics DSP-100 monaural USB headset works pretty well for me.
> Costs around US$60+.

I had a friend pick me up a Logitec 350 USB headset whilst in the USA,
it was US$45 regular on sale for US$15 because the store was trying to
get rid of them.  I think that even at US$45 it is pretty good as it
works well and the sound quality is excellent.

I'm using it on an old IBM Aptiva running CentrOS that doesn't support
the on-board sound card.

Mike