[Asterisk-Users] Problem with options to "Dial" application

Álvaro Palma apalma at opschile.cl
Tue May 23 13:02:08 MST 2006

I'm trying to set a dialing rule in my dialplan. As a part of it, from
my point of view, this works wrong

priorityjumping=no

[test_context]
exten => 1234,1,Dial(SIP/test,15,G(text_context,1234,2),j) ; With "j" flag
exten => 1234,2,Playback(digits/2)
exten => 1234,3,Playback(digits/3)
exten => 1234,102,Playback(digits/4)

In this case, if I dial the extension, and it's answered, the caller can
hear "Two, Three) and the called hear "Three". However, if the called
party is busy, the caller hears "Two/Three" again!!!, when I expect he
can hear "Four". I guess that this happens because if the called channel
is busy, the Dial application assumes the channel was "answered",
therefore, it fullfills what the G flag suggest....

Instead, if I set:

priorityjumping=yes

exten => 1234,1,Dial(SIP/test,15,G(text_context,1234,2)) ; Without "j" flag
exten => 1234,2,Playback(digits/2)
exten => 1234,3,Playback(digits/3)
exten => 1234,102,Playback(digits/4)

it works as I expect, in both cases (when the channel is answered or is
busy).

The problem is that I don't like to set "priority jumping" to yes by
default, but instead, control it for every extension separately. So my
question is: Does anybody know if there's a workaround to be able to
enter this two Dial options ("G" and "j") so they work as I expect (and
as I think it should be).

Thanks a lot for your help.

--
Atly.