[Asterisk-Users] Are my expectations too high?

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Tue May 23 07:27:44 MST 2006

>So for those of you isng a TDM400P, would you say your voice quality
>is as good as a pure analog/PSTN call?

No it's not. There will be artifacts in any TDMXXX TigerJet Digium analog
card, IMO. These artifacts are mitigated through the black art and dumb luck
of different chassis, local RF interference, different handsets, different
Asterisk version, etc. But you will most likely never get the exact same
quality as plugging a handset into the line.

On my cards, I find that handset selection using the FXS modules makes a big
difference. The best I have found is the Vista 350 and just about any
Panasonic cordless phone.