[Asterisk-Users] Meetme and authentication

picciuX matteo at picciux.it
Tue May 23 04:00:21 MST 2006

if you don't want to use an AGI, you can do this in the dialplan,
authenticating outside meetme, and, with the possibility to login the user
based on pin, instead of asking which kind of user is.
Basic example:

[ConfStart]
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,Read(pin|conf-enterpin|4)
exten => s,3,Goto(${pin}|1)

; pin routing
exten => 1234,1,Macro(enterConf|1000|iMsw) ; user access to conf 1000
exten => 4321,1,Macro(enterConf|1000|aAiMsX); admin access to conf 1000

exten => 5678,1,Macro(enterConf|1001|iMsw) ; user access to conf 1001
exten => 8765,1,Macro(enterConf|1001|aAiMsX); admin access to conf 1001

exten => t,1,Goto(s|1)
exten => i,1,Playback(conf-invalidpin)
exten => i,2,Goto(s|1)

[macro-enterConf]
;ARG1 is room number
;ARG2 is meetme options

exten => s,1,Meetme(${ARG1}|${ARG2})

Blank the pins in meetme.conf and you're done. Just be sure to have
different pins for all rooms.
Just an idea

Hope this helps