[Asterisk-Users] CallerID

Steve Totaro stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com
Tue May 23 03:27:34 MST 2006

Greg Oliver wrote:
> I am trying to set CIDNum to nothing, but my outgoing PRI controlled by
> another PBX seems to fill in something when asterisk does not..  If I
> set a number either in the sip channel for the phone, or from
> extensions.con, it is realized..  If I try to leave them blank, or even
> Not Defined, the main number of the pri gets sent out..
>
> I am trying to debug a glitvh in or software and I need to be able to
> make a test call with unknown (blank callerid)..  I can successfully set
> it to private, but that is not the same..
>
> Any ideas?
>
> TIA
>
> -Greg

On one of my T1 circuits, ten digits always appear on the other side.  I
can set all ten digits to zero.  If I set less than ten digits then the
last digits of the default ten digit string (which is our billing phone
number) are overwritten with what is set.  On our T3 (different
provider), we can set any length of digits but I have never tried to
send blank or null values.

Does your other PBX send blank callerID?  Is the PRI from the same
provider?  When you have CIDNum= do you see errors in the log that the
value must not be null?

Thanks,
Steve