[Asterisk-Users] Re: Status: Provisioned, Down, Active - Long

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Tue May 23 02:05:16 MST 2006

In article <79337FA3BA80774F9FE87BF809C9F35614EE75 at stipe.lama.hr>,
Tomislav Parèina <tparcina at lama.hr> wrote:
> Hi list!
>
> I'm trying to setup Digium TE205P E1 card to work with my provider (and Ericsson BP 250 -
> this comes later). When I execute "pri show span 1" this is what I get.
>
> pbxzg1*CLI> zap show status
> Description Alarms IRQ bpviol CRC4
> T2XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 1 OK 0 0 0
> T2XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 2 UNCONFIGUR 0 0 0
> pbxzg1*CLI> pri show span 1
> Primary D-channel: 16
> Switchtype: EuroISDN
> Type: CPE
> Window Length: 0/7
> Sentrej: 0
> SolicitFbit: 0
> Retrans: 0
> Busy: 0
> Overlap Dial: 0
> T200 Timer: 1000
> T203 Timer: 10000
> T305 Timer: 30000
> T308 Timer: 4000
> T313 Timer: 4000
> N200 Counter: 3
>
> Notice "Status: Provisioned, Down, Active". This "Down" is what I'm woried about. I have
> search list and Internet and explanation I could find is that my D channel is down (for some
> reason). I have put jumpers for E1 (1-2 and 3-4 are connected). And those are mine
> extensions, zaptel and zapata conf files.
>
> extensions.conf
>
> include => pomoc
> exten => _0.,1,NoOp(${CALLERID(name):0:4})
> exten => _0.,n,NoOp(${CALLERID(number)})
> exten => _0.,n,GotoIf($["${CALLERID(name):0:4}" = "Lama"]?4:6)
> exten => _0.,n,Dial(Zap/g1/${EXTEN:1},60,TW) ; W - calling user to start recording *1
> exten => _0.,n,Hangup
> exten => _0.,n,Set(CALLERID(name)=Vanjski poziv)
> exten => _0.,n,Set(CALLERID(number)=100)
> exten => _0.,n,Dial(Zap/g1/${EXTEN:1},60,tw) ; w - caled user to start recording *1
> exten => _0.,n,Hangup
>
> zaptel.conf
>
> span=1,1,0,cas,hdb3 # koristiti ovo - da se koristi telco's clock as timing source for the card
> bchan = 1-15,17-31
> dchan = 16
> loadzone = it
> defaultzone = it
>
> zapata.conf
>
> [channels]
> context=zap-in
> switchtype=euroisdn
> pridialplan=unknown
> prilocaldialplan=unknown
> usecallerid=yes
> hidecallerid=no
> callwaiting=yes
> callwaitingcallerid=yes
> threewaycalling=yes
> transfer=yes
> cancallforward=yes
> echocancel=yes
> rxgain=0.0
> txgain=0.0
> group=1
> callgroup=1
> pickupgroup=1
> immediate=no
> callprogress=no
> callerid=asreceived
> group=1
> [...]

There is no point trying to make calls until the PRI status changes from
"Down" to "Up".

In zaptel.conf, you need to change the span from cas to ccs - that might
be enough to fix the problem. ISDN protocol always uses ccs, not cas.

You will need to shutdown asterisk and zaptel, make the change, then
start zaptel and asterisk. Or else just reboot after making the change.

If you then get messages saying the other end thinks its is a CPE,
you will also need to change signalling=pri_cpe to signalling=pri_net
in zapata.conf and restart asterisk.

Cheers
Tony
--