[Asterisk-Users] Polycom Echo

Kevin Ragsdale KevinR at rocketgaming.com
Mon May 22 09:35:16 MST 2006

Hello,

We just experienced a problem that we though might be useful to anyone
using Polycom phones.  We are installing a new system at one of our
remote offices and were experienced a ton of echo on our side while the
remote side was on speakerphone.  It turns out that the desk surface was
causing the echo - when the phone was lifted off the desk, the echo
disappeared.  We also were able to put a mousepad under the phone to
eliminate the echo as well.  Since the microphone is on the bottom of
the phone, there must be some kind of sound reflection going on.

Just a heads up - this is the first time we've seen this happen.

Kevin