[Asterisk-Users] Experience with IBM X346 machines and Sangoma

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon May 22 07:10:02 MST 2006

>>> I wanted to see where those periodical spikes are coming from so I
>>> started shutting things down. The first thing to go was
>>> Asterisk.
> [...]
>>> Is there something funny happening with my "zaptel"?
>>> Wolfgang Zweimueller, can you give this a try too? Does your
>>> "spiking" stop when you stop zaptel?
>
> The spikes go away after unloading wanrouter modules but *before*
> removing the zaptel module. Seems I have to contact Sangoma.

My understanding is that sangoma's drivers hook into zaptel, and its
likely zaptel (and/or associated card drivers) is at the bottom of the
spikes. Doubtful its a sangoma issue.

>> It seems the majority of folks that were involved with this in the
>> past 'assumed' the results were what was impacting fax through the
>> TDM400. But, don't think anyone proved that.
>
> Dont't know anything about TDM400 but we had some issues with Modems
> which were using the Asterisk-path.

Since the issue is common with both the TDM400 and sangoma cards, I
don't believe the spikes are associated with the sangoma drivers.

R.