FW: [Asterisk-Users] WiFi / GSM VoIP Handsets..

Sam Tam sam at netenable.co.uk
Mon May 22 01:53:08 MST 2006

Well I think we all need to look at something like this first.
We will be one of the first people in Europe who will be selling this. If
anyone is interested do drop me an email.

Picture of the phone can be found here.

http://cyber-telecom.net/wifi-gsm.jpg

GSM / VoIP Over WiFi Dual-Mode Phone

CYBER-TELECOM released the world first commercial GSM/VoIP Over WiFi
dual-mode smart phone, in March 2006. With a tri-band GSM/GPRS (Class 10)
radio and an IEEE 802.11b WLAN chipset, It enables end customers to enjoy
broadband multimedia services at WLAN covered homes, offices, hot
spots/zones as well as reliable GSM/GPRS service anytime anywhere. It shows
an outstanding performance in power management, mobility management,
security, mobile VoIP, and voice quality, no matter what kind of access
points it connects, as the result of CYBER-TELECOM Wireless's advanced
technologies solving the critical problems of VoIP Over WiFi. the phone has
passed most of regulation certification programs and has done
interoperability testing with over 40 VoIP service providers, system
integrators, and infrastructure equipment vendors worldwide. the phone is an
ideal device for fixed mobile convergence.

Hardware Specification

Intel PXA271 processor with embedded Linux
2.4 inch TFT touch screen, QVGA, 260k Colors
Built-in speaker/microphone, 2.4mm stereo and headset
1.3M pixel CMOS camera
USB slave
Mini SD
1100 mAh Li-ion battery

GSM Specification

Frequency bands: 900/1800/1900 MHz
GPRS Class 10
SMS, MMS, WAP applications
FTA/CTA certification
FCC/CE certification

WLAN Specification

IEEE 802.11b
RF channels: US: 11, ETSI: 13, Japan: 14
High-gain internal antenna
WEP 64/128 bits, WPA, 802.1x
EAP PSK/LEAP/PEAP/TTLS/SIM
Power saving modes
Fast roaming between access points

VoIP Specification

SIP: IETF RFC 3261
Codec: G.711, G.729a/b, G.723
Acoustic echo cancellation
Dynamic jitter buffer
Voice activity detection
Stun-based NAT traversal

Input Methods

Handwriting Recognition
> English
> Chinese
> Numeric characters
Soft Keypads
> Qwerty
> Standard phone dialpad
> Symbol

Power Management Features

Standby time
>100 Hours (GSM on, WLAN on)
> 200 Hours (GSM on, WLAN off)
Talk time
> VoIP Over WiFi: 3.3 Hours
> GSM: 7.8 Hours
MP3 play time
> 5.8 Hours (GSM on, WLAN on)
> 6.2 Hours (GSM on, WLAN off)

Fixed Mobile Convergence Features

Simultaneously activated GSM and WLAN air interfaces
Handling simultaneously GSM and VoIP Over WiFi incoming calls
SIP-based seamless handover between GSM/VoIP Over WiFi
Automatic/manual switch for out-going calls between GSM and VoIP Over WiFi
Automatic/manual switch for data applications using GPRS or WLAN
Unified phone book for both GSM and VoIP Over WiFi.
Unified GUI for applications (phone, E-mail, browser, QQ)

Call Features

Call hold
Call waiting
Call mute
Call forward
Call transfer
3-way conference
Voice mail
SMS over SIP
Phone book - (1000 entries with photos)
Incoming call prompt with picture
View phonebook during call
Enter sketch pad during call
Adjust volume during call
Auto-answer/flip answer
Quick silence
Turbo dial
Manual/Auto/Earphone redial
Call history (20 entries)

Data Application Features

POP3 E-mail client (SSL support)
> 100 full E-mails with attachments up to 200KB
> Document viewer for MS-Office and PDF files
Web browser: HTML4.01, JAVAScript1.5, SSL3.0, HTTP1.1, CSS1.0
Instant messaging: QQ

Multimedia Features

Video format: MP4, 3GPP
Audio format: MP3, WAV, MIDI, AMR
Picture format: WBMP, BMP, JPEG, GIF
Camcorder: QVGA, QCIF
Media Player
> Audio: MP3 player
> Video: up to 30 frames/second QVGA MP4/3GPP

PIM Features

Calendar
Schedule management
Alarm clock