[Asterisk-Users] Quad BRI card

James Harper james.harper at bendigoit.com.au
Sat May 20 19:20:05 MST 2006

Last time I checked with Telstra about 3 months ago, at 7 channels (eg
3.5 BRI services), a 10 channel E1 service (OnRamp10 from Telstra) is
cheaper than BRI in terms of monthly line rental (a fair bit more
expensive to install though). So if you actually need 4 ISDN ports / 8
lines to connect to the PSTN, then you are actually better off price
wise with an E1, assuming you can handle the installation cost. Also,
ISDN isn't available everywhere (rural locations), but I think that if
you want an E1 they pretty much have to do it for you although I don't
know how much of the cost they actually pass on to you.

One of the main uses I'd have for a Multi BRI adapter in Australia
though is for interfacing to legacy equipment, with an E1 facing the
PSTN. 4 ports is still more than I'd need though.

James

BRI