[Asterisk-Users] FAX over PRI

Craig Guy cguy at bigpond.net.au
Fri May 19 20:01:03 MST 2006

CPU load definitely affects rxfax - typical symptoms will be pages cut in
half.  The effect is worse in Asterisk 1.2 than 1.0 - I have a perl agi
running and on my test system (PIII 933mhz) the initialisation of the agi
takes about 3 seconds.  On asterisk 1.2 the exact same agi on the same
system takes 12 seconds and pegs the cpu at 100% the whole time.  People
using festival have also noticed this issue to the extent that festival is
unusable on lower end hardware for asterisk 1.2

Craig