[Asterisk-Users] IAX Trunk

Luki lugosoft at gmail.com
Fri May 19 14:57:58 MST 2006

> Senario: If a call is initiated from Server 1 to Server 2,
> a trunk is established.  While that call is progress another
> call is established from Server 2 to Server 1.
> Is a new trunk created, or is the same one used?

I had exactly the same question and looked into this. If I remember
correctly, a new trunk would be created in this case. Only case in the
same direction are trunked together (i.e. if the second call would be
from server 1 -> 2 it would use the existing trunk). You can verify
yourself by watching the network traffic with tcpdump though. The
packet size should give you the answer.

--Luki