[Asterisk-Users] RTP Packetization

Patrick Neubauer patrick.neubauer at head-acoustics.de
Fri May 19 07:27:04 MST 2006

Hi all,

I need to be able to adjust packet sizes and found the patch at
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=5162

Thus, I checked out and compiled
http://svn.digium.com/view/asterisk-old/team/group/5162_rtp_packetization

I added the line "packetization = 30" for one peer in my sip.conf and
started asterisk with the "-I" switch for async RTP.
That's all it takes according to the 5162 issue page. Nevertheless,
asterisk still keeps sending it 20ms packets, even though a "sip show
peer foobar" shows Packetization: 30.

What could be wrong? What about that ztdummy thing for internal timing?
Is this necessary to run asterisk properly? Is it important for
packetization?

Regards, Patrick