[Asterisk-Users] Snom firmwares suck

Remco Barende asterisk at barendse.to
Fri May 19 07:02:20 MST 2006

>> The displays are dying quite often, and firmware is buggy. I have tried
>> every firmware from 4.5 up to 5.x and 6.04 but keep having problems with
>> phones locking up or rebooting during an ongoing conversation.

Yes, as someone asked earlier on the list the displays do die at some
random moment without any apparent reason

>> REALLY annoying for a phone that is advertised / targeted as a business
>> class phone
>
> Hmmm... A random statement out of the blue... I assume that you meant
> to add "Does any kind soul have a suggestion to help out?" :-)

Heh :)   It is pure frustration

> I find that the snom phones can be over-sensetive to network glitches,
> which with the default configuration can cause a reboot (usually
> caused by cheap switches). Try changing the reboot on ethernet unplug
> setting to "ignore".

Good idea, I will change the settings to ignore.  The switches are 3Com
gbit switches. Not sure if that would qualify as cheap :)

I have about 40 Snom 360's and I experienced this problem on my phone at
home and some at the office using different firmware versions.

Thanks!
Remco