[Asterisk-Users] Faxing with Asterisk using both ISDN and FXS

Benjamin SEBBAH benjamin.sebbah at aduneo.com
Fri May 19 02:54:15 MST 2006

Hi everyone,

I have a question about faxing. I am running Asterisk SVN-trunk-r7498 on a
ubuntu server and everything is going fine. I have a tdm40b, a tdm04b and an
avm fritz!card pci plugged on it.

Here is what I'd like to do:

Receiving fax via the ISDN avm fritz!card, sending the fax via email (for
the moment I know I can do that) but also routing the fax trough my old fax
machine which would be plugged in an FXS port (which means using the old fax
machine as a printer).
Using the same old fax machine to send fax which means translating the fax
so that the ISDN card understand it and send it (which means using the old
fax machine as a scanner).

Any idea if it is possible?

Thanks in advance,

Benjamin SEBBAH