[Asterisk-Users] DELL PowerEdge 2850 and TE4110P and TE110P

Remco Barende asterisk at barendse.to
Thu May 18 09:49:58 MST 2006

On Wed, 17 May 2006, Rodney G. McDuff wrote:

> Hi All
>     Before I go out and buy a DELL PowerEdge 2850 has anyone had
> problems (or any other useful experience) getting a TE411P to work with
> it. I also have a legacy TE110P. Has anyone had problems with this combo.

I tried using a TE110P and a TE210P. The irq hit percentage on the Dell
with zttest is quite disappointing, even after tweaking. It's just above
the minimum requirement

Also the 2850 is *always* sharing IRQ's on every PCI slot, you need to buy
a dual port ethernet adapter which will use only one irq to free up an IRQ
on another slot. This just totally sucks and irq sharing in a box with
only 3 pci slots is totally unnecessary

I'm now using the 2850 with one TE210P, system is in production use since
the 1st of May and no lockups or apparent problems so far.

I would have expected better from the 2850 however and would not buy one
again

Sangoma cards are said to be better but I preferred to support Digium and
I don't want to mess around with additional drivers

Just my $0.02