[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk - SPA-3000, 407 error

Neil Cherry ncherry at comcast.net
Thu May 18 06:33:59 MST 2006

I recently lost my setup (bad drive) and I'm now trying to get my setup
back. I have Asterisk setup to a BT100, a Cisco 7960 (7.2 SIP) and an
SPA-3000. I can call the phone extension, I can call from the phone on
the SPA to other extensions and I can call out to the PSTN. What I can't
do is to call from the PSTN to through the SPA to Asterisk. It rings
twice then I get fast busy. I have the SPA wait for the caller ID info
(the reason it rings twice). What I've got is as follows:

Code:

registry=>pstn:pstn at spa.uucp:5061

[pstn_in]
   username      = pstn
   secret        = pstn
   type          = user
   host          = spa.uucp
   port          = 5061
   context       = from-pstn
   mailbox       = 2202
   nat           = never
   dtmfmode      = rfc2833
   canreinvite   = yes
   qualify       = yes
   insecure      = very
   disallow      = all    ; need disallow before we can allow
   allow         = ulaw
;
[pstn_out]
   username      = pstn
   secret        = pstn
   type          = peer
   host          = spa.uucp
   port          = 5061
   context       = to-pstn
   from_user   = pstn
   nat           = never
   dtmfmode      = rfc2833
   canreinvite   = yes
   qualify       = yes
   insecure      = yes
   disallow      = all    ; need disallow before we can allow
   allow         = ulaw
;

My dial plan on the SPA looks like this:

(S0<:s at asterisk.uucp>)

What I see on the Asterisk console is :

May 17 23:36:29 NOTICE[11306]: chan_sip.c:10326 handle_request_invite:
Failed to authenticate user xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<sip:1xxxxxxxxx at asterisk.uucp>;tag=blahblahblah

In sniffer I traces I see a 407 (Proxy Authentication Required). I've
also noticed a 401 (Unauthorized) for the phone on the SPA. What am I
configuring incorrectly.

I'm using Asterisk 1.2.7, previously I was using 1.2.0.

Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at linuxha.com
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               Backup site