[Asterisk-Users] Slackware 10.2

Dave Fullerton dfullertasterisk at shorelinecontainer.com
Thu May 18 06:20:36 MST 2006

Fernando Lujan wrote:
> Hi guys, I'm trying to use asterisk with my slackware 10.2 box.
> Kernel 2.6.13 from the testing...
>
> The udevd are not creating the /dev/zap devices.
>
> Someone already have success installing asterisk over slackware?
>

> Thanks in advance.
> Fernando Lujan

I also use asterisk on slackware with the 2.6 kernel. You need to make
sure you have the udev rules and permissions files from zaptel installed
and also make sure that rc.hotplug is set executable (or at the very
least that "/sbin/hotplug" is set in /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug).

I also have slackbuild scripts I made up for both asterisk and zaptel if
anyone wants them.

-Dave