[Asterisk-Users] Quad BRI card

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu May 18 06:15:11 MST 2006

stoffell wrote:

> Aside from being available.. What driver does it use?
> Will it be needing bristuff ? (that wouldn't work I guess)

The Digium B410P will use the mISDN stack and chan_misdn for Asterisk.

> Or will the near future integrate BRI ( and hfc?) drivers in asterisk?
> And thus, making bristuff obsolete? (wich means, BRI users will be
> able to use cvs easily..)

No, that will not happen, unless the authors of those drivers want to
disclaim them for inclusion into Zaptel and Asterisk.

> Just to make clear I'm very curious on this card. And yes I'm in europe ;)

As another poster mentioned, the B410P card is definitely targeted at
the non-US market... not because the card would not work here, but
because there is very little availability of BRI lines in the US at all.
Most telcos don't even know what they are if you ask :-)