[Asterisk-Users] small form factor WAS soekris hadware

Darrick Hartman dhartman at djhsolutions.com
Thu May 18 05:07:14 MST 2006

Jonathan Gonzalez wrote:
> I'm thinking buy only de SBC and look for another chassis where all
> equipment fit fine. I say you don't cover, or this i think, because i
> need to use FXO<->PBX<->FXS/SIP and you don't use this setup.

Don't attempt to use a Digium or other FXO and FXS card on a soekris
board, especially if you plan on using a full-featured distribution like
CentOS (which is what AAH uses).  See more below...

> You call forward all calls over an ip-to-pstn account while i want to
> receive incoming calls via pstn and call from internal sip phones to
> sip phones and to pstn trhu asterisk (of course, paying for the call,
> like a normal call).
>
> Another difference is that you use CF with the SBC, while i want to
> use the mini-hard disk option and make a complete installation of
> Asterisk at home.

If you are going to use a hard drive AND an FXS/FXO card (assume
TDM11B), you'd be happier using an EPIA board.  If you need dual
ethernet ports, go with the PD10000. If not, the V10000 would work fine
as well.

> It seems the product is quite stable and i couldn't see this about
> astlinux in any place. I would appreciate your thougts about astlinux
> and some recomendations will be welcomed.

For information about AstLinux, go to http://www.astlinux.org  Note that
there have been some pretty substantial changes in the past month and
some of the documentation hasn't quite caught up to the 0.4.0 image.

Darrick

--
Darrick Hartman
DJH Solutions, LLC