[Asterisk-Users] AAH not getting IP address, likely to be network card?

Brian McCarey brian_mccarey at hotmail.com
Wed May 17 14:25:10 MST 2006

Hi all,

We use AAH to run our office telecoms registered with two Sipgate accounts.

Today, Sipgate appeared to have had problems with their server with oneway audio on every call. In order to cause the Sipgate message service to pick up in stead of our AAH box, I simply unplugged the network cable.

We now have problems where AAH does not seem to access the network. I plugged the network cable back in and rebooted AAH.

AAH boots up, I log in as Root and AAH does not give me an IP address. I've used different cables. Everything else can access the network.

Network card in the AAH box lights up green!

Before I naff around changing the network card, as anyone got any useful thoughts. I think when I pulled out the cable, the card went on the blink..!

AAH has been running faultlessly before..!

Should have left the bloody cable at start.

Regards

Brian.