[Asterisk-Users] Variable Inheritance - Set in Child, Read by Parent

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed May 17 13:06:39 MST 2006

Peter Beckman wrote:

>     1. Can I modify variables set in the parent context in the child
>        context and read them again in the parent context?

Not 'context', 'channel'. The macro you are supplying is running on an
outbound channel created by the Dial() application, so the simple answer
is no, there is no way for the code running on that channel to modify
variables owned by the channel that created it.

>     2. Is there a better way to hand back "status" of a Macro executed by
>        the Dial() command?

It's possible that MACRO_RESULT might get passed back, I'm not sure.