[Asterisk-Users] Netherlands zaptel.conf

Pieter Claassen pieter at claassen.co.uk
Wed May 17 12:59:55 MST 2006

On Wednesday 17 May 2006 13:24, M.Masri wrote:
> The correct module to load for a TDM Cards interface is wctdm
> see http://www.digium.com/en/docs/misc/quick_install_zaptel_asterisk.pdf

I am baffled.

Firstly, the debian (ubuntu breezy) zaptel driver source distribution version
1:1.0.9-2 seems to not include support for the tdm cards since it never
compiled a wctdm.

So I checked the source out from CVS and after a struggle to compile and
install the drivers (for some reason make install kept on installing the
kernel modules in 2.6.10 rather than 2.6.10-13 which I assume is a bug?) I
managed to get a wctdm driver which I modprobed and got this in dmesg (below)

Everything looks fine except that the card does not answer any calls.

Some questions:
1. Does it matter whether I have channel = 1 or channel => 1 in zapata.conf?
2. How does the zttool work and what are the numbers on the display? Any
references will be cool.
3. Doesn't the asterisk CLI support configuring zap devices? If I try zap,
then it tells me that I should try help.
4. Could there be something wrong with my hardware and how do I verify that?
5. What is the absolute minimum configuration that I need to get the phone
line answered? zaptel.conf, zapata.conf ?? Must asterisk be running?

Thanks again for all the help.
Pieter

dmesg
Zapata Telephony Interface Registered on major 196
ACPI: PCI interrupt 0000:00:0c.0[A] -> GSI 11 (level, low) -> IRQ 11
Freshmaker version: 73
Freshmaker passed register test
Module 0: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
Module 1: Not installed
Module 2: Not installed
Module 3: Not installed
Found a Wildcard TDM: Wildcard TDM400P REV I (1 modules)
Registered tone zone 3 (Netherlands)
Registered tone zone 3 (Netherlands)
Registered tone zone 3 (Netherlands)

root at backup:/usr/src/zaptel # ztcfg -vv

Zaptel Configuration
======================

Channel map:

Channel 01: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 01)

1 channels configured.

root at backup:/usr/src/zaptel # cat /etc/zaptel.conf
fxsks=1
defaultzone=nl
loadzone=nl

root at backup:/usr/src/zaptel # cat /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf
[channels]

usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=no