[Asterisk-Users] Asus P5GD1... anyone using with Asterisk ??

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Wed May 17 09:59:46 MST 2006

Just turned up a system with an A8N/Athlon 64 on Monday, 40 extensions, 6
IAX locations w/ TE-110P and TDM400. Works perfect, no echo, ZTTEST runs
steady at 99.9873%. Had to disable everything, onboard LAN, RAID, USB,
serial, etc. Replaced the onboard LAN with an Intel 82557 based card,
because the A8N ships with some goofy Yukon chipset and the driver sucks.

This was contrary to my gut telling me to never, ever do a production system
with an Athlon, but so far so good.