[Asterisk-Users] Diverse servers

Mike Hammett asterisk-users at ics-il.net
Wed May 17 06:50:55 MST 2006

I currently have a single server with a few SIP and IAX upstreams for origination and termination with IAX clients.  I am adding a second server that will have a much higher capacity and will be handling a larger call volume.  However, this second server is not going to be geographically near the first.  It will largely share the same upstreams.  I would like for this to be an integrated system such that in event of failure, child Asterisk boxes, phones, ATAs, etc. can register to either box.  I can handle the child's configuration, but how do I have it setup on the Asterisk boxes?

I'm not exactly sure I explained this right, but hopefully someone can get what I'm talking about and ask further questions of me.

----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com