[Asterisk-Users] IAX crackilng

Jordan Novak jnovak at logisticshealth.com
Wed May 17 06:27:44 MST 2006

I apologize about doubling these up, I forgot the subject!

I have a cisco VPN from router to router over a Data T-1. The ping times
are consistently 32ms with random ping responses of 295ms -408ms about
every 30 secs to a minute, I have jitter buffer enabled. The connection
goes like this... Mitel SIP phone to Asterisk A, IAX trunked to Asterisk
B and then T-1 to a PBX, the calls are internal so they are terminating
on Toshiba digital phones. Loud crackling even happens from time to time
when a Mitel SIP phone is connected to Asterisk B at that location over
thye LAN with no layer three routing, but it is consistent on the IAX
trunk. There is a lot of Data traffic, but thus should work regardless,
I don't think the ping times are the issue.

Jordan Novak

Communications Technician