[Asterisk-Users] Plan to free myself from AAH

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Wed May 17 05:56:18 MST 2006

Mimmus wrote:

>Hi,
>I'm actually using a slightly old version of AAH with Asterisk 1.2.1,
>because at first install it was perfect for my moderate knowledge of
>Asterisk. It is working well but I gradually introduced many changes to
>dialplan during normal use and now I'm feeling like in a straitjacket!
>Moreover I'd like to have the chance to upgrade Asterisk regularly.
>I have not the experience to rewrite dialplan from scratch and I'd like only
>to clean actual AAH dialplan.
>
>I was thinking to this plan:
>- install another server with Red Hat 4 U3
>- install PHP, MySQL and other usefuls stuffs
>- download latest version of Asterisk and third parts applications I use
>- compile all
>- copy /etc/asterisk from old server to new, change only what is needed
>- start and try
>
>Do you think is it OK?
>
>Thanks

It also works fine with the free CentOS version 3.? and 4.?
Burn yourself a set of install CD's from the on line ISO's, do an
"install everything" then install asterisk.
You may want to compare and edit, rather than overwrite the conf files,
there have been a bunch of changes, depending on how old the AAH version.

John Novack