[Asterisk-Users] Plan to free myself from AAH

Mimmus dviggiani at tiscali.it
Wed May 17 03:30:09 MST 2006

Hi,
I'm actually using a slightly old version of AAH with Asterisk 1.2.1,
because at first install it was perfect for my moderate knowledge of
Asterisk. It is working well but I gradually introduced many changes to
dialplan during normal use and now I'm feeling like in a straitjacket!
Moreover I'd like to have the chance to upgrade Asterisk regularly.
I have not the experience to rewrite dialplan from scratch and I'd like only
to clean actual AAH dialplan.

I was thinking to this plan:
- install another server with Red Hat 4 U3
- install PHP, MySQL and other usefuls stuffs
- download latest version of Asterisk and third parts applications I use
- compile all
- copy /etc/asterisk from old server to new, change only what is needed
- start and try

Do you think is it OK?

Thanks
--