[Asterisk-Users] Netherlands zaptel.conf

Pieter Claassen pieter at claassen.co.uk
Wed May 17 03:17:56 MST 2006

On Wednesday 17 May 2006 08:48, Florian Overkamp wrote:
> Michiel van Baak wrote:
> > If you load the wcfxs module and everything works (cept for
> > the asterisk answering the phoneline) all is correct.
> > wcfxs is for connecting an analog phone, not a PSTN
> > connection. I think you have the wrong module on you
> > wildcard to interface with the PSTN net.
> >
> > Sorry.
>
> Whoa, good call! I totally ignored that options.
> Pieter, what color is the module ?
>
> S110M = Green (for a phone device)
> X100M = Red (for a phone line)

The module is red and plugged into the UPC line (phone line).
I also moved the module from the 4th slot on the card to the first slot. I
plugged a power source from the motherboard into the card (not sure if it is
needed).

So, it looks like I have the right module installed.

Is the wcfxs the correct module to load for a fxo interface?

Any further comments appreciated.

Pieter

root at backup:~ # lsmod |grep zap
zaptel                225284  1 wcfxs
crc_ccitt               2176  2 hisax,zaptel
root at backup:~ # ztcfg -vv

Zaptel Configuration

Channel map:

Channel 01: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 01)

1 channels configured.