[Asterisk-Users] Which is the best fax-modem for testing ?

Olivier Krief olivier.krief at gmail.com
Wed May 17 01:20:45 MST 2006

2006/5/16, Rich Adamson <radamson at routers.com>:

> > So I was telling myself : "what if I could buy the most inclusive
> > fax-modem, connect it to a PC, and run a bunch of test scripts to gather
> > useful information on both production and preparation systems ?".
>
> Total waste of money as the problem isn't the fax modem as noted above.
>
> Hi,

In this case, the fax machine doesn't hangup (*) when connected to TDM400P
FXS port.
It seems related to electrical incompatibilities we couldn't remove with the
help of Digium support though I can't personnally tell how far we really
went into studying this case with them.

You're certainly right in that electrical incompatibilities involve TDM400P
capacities and Sangoma's A200D behaves differently.

Reading past requests on this list, I saw people had fax machines working
with TDM400P.
So there must be something somewhere explaining why it doesn't work in my
case.

I thought a super fax-modem could be used as a reference case : you send
faxes with as many different settings as possible (speeds, protocols, flash
signals levels, ...) and then analyse performances.

Regards

(*) By "fax doesn't hangup", I mean though Asterisk server forward an
incoming fax call to the right extension, it keeps on ringing the fax
machine which never hangup. Maybe the flash signal is too weak