[Asterisk-Users] Turning AAAH into a call-center

Alex Robar alex.robar at gmail.com
Tue May 16 10:51:13 MST 2006

Matt,

>The developers are also very receptive to feedback and
>have been steadily shaping QueueMetrics to fit our needs.

I couldn't agree with you more. One of the things that impressed me most was
the great support I got from the QueueMetrics team. Especially when
something didn't work quite as we had expected due to a bit of an odd setup,
they developed a patch and merged it into the next version. Very responsive.
It makes a huge difference when you're shopping around.

Alex

On 5/16/06, Matt Roth <mroth at imminc.com> wrote:

> Kevin Savoy wrote:
>
> >Speaking as one of those call centers we are looking at doing a turn over
> >Asterisk from our Nortel systems and are doing it ourselves. We've looked
> at
> >a lot of packages from Fonality, Signate, Aheeva and others and none fit
> our
> >needs. Each has good aspects but none have all of what we need. Below he
> >states extensive reporting in QueueMetrics. Yes and no. Extensive but
> >limited to a few areas. Agent level reporting doesn't go deep enough.
> There
> >is no DNIS reporting. In our business that is critical. We have 40 to 50
> >queues and some queues can have up to 1,000 toll free numbers pointed at
> it.
> >Our clients want to know how many calls on each individual toll free and
> all
> >the statistics that go with it. Talk time, abandons, thresholds, etc.
> >

> Kevin,
>
> We are in the process of moving our call center off of a Nortel Meridian
> switch and onto Asterisk.  We currently have 10 inbound queues running
> through Asterisk on a single server and yesterday we handled over 20,000
> calls.
>
> We are using QueueMetrics to handle all of our reporting needs and our
> floor managers are happier with it than the Max reporting package used
> on the Nortel.  The developers are also very receptive to feedback and
> have been steadily shaping QueueMetrics to fit our needs.  If you are
> considering building your own queue reporting system, at least talk to
> the developers of QueueMetrics first.  The time and effort we have saved
> by using QueueMetrics has allowed us to focus on more important issues,
> like fine-tuning Asterisk itself.
>
> We are also in the process of developing our Asterisk-based outbound
> calling architecture.  For a variety of reasons, it will be a more
> distributed architecture than our monolithic inbound environment.  We've
> been in contact with the developer of VICIDIAL, and it looks like it
> will suit our needs.
>
> Feel free to contact me here or off-list if you'd like to discuss your
> transition to Asterisk.  It looks like you are headed down the same road
> we're on, so I might be able to help you avoid a few bumps.
>
> Matthew Roth
> InterMedia Marketing Solutions
> Software Engineer and Systems Developer

Alex Robar