[Asterisk-Users] dCAP certification - Advice needed

Craig Guy cguy at bigpond.net.au
Tue May 16 07:41:37 MST 2006

It sounds like you could pass it.  The Boot Camp is not strictly necessary.
However I am not sure dCAP would be worth it - I did mine last year and was
rewarded with a little plaque saying that I was dCAP certified for asterisk
v1.0 - I received the plaque about 1 month before asterisk 1.2 came out.  So
it seems that you should redo the dCAP every time a new release of asterisk
comes out which on the current release cycle means every 6 months.  Very
expensive investment to keep it current, especially if they don't offer
exams in your country and you have to travel internationally to sit it like
I did.

Craig