[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk X100P - Interrupt a call?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon May 15 19:35:50 MST 2006

Corey Frang wrote:
> So, We want to be able to put a fax machine on the line port of the
> X100P in our asterisk server.  We however also want to use this card for
> 911 calling.  We need some sort of mechanisim to "disable" the line out
> port on the x100p by software to "interrupt a call" on the line.
>
> Anyone done anything like this?

The two jacks on the x100p card are hard wired together, and you have no
control over what might be perceived as fxs verses fxo jacks.

With that card, your only choice is to use one jack to connect to the
pstn line and nothing else. If there is any other connection, asterisk
won't know about it and really can't control it.

If a 911 call is truly processed by the asterisk dialplan, then you can
configure asterisk to drop an existing call to process the 911 call.
However, if there are multiple asterisk users, how do you know whether
an existing call is also a 911 call? You probably don't want to drop an
existing 911 call only to process another 911 call.