[Asterisk-Users] sangoma A102 installation question

Mon May 15 10:00:59 MST 2006

Sangoma Techdesk wrote:
> Hi Klaus,
> Yes, you will need to patch the kernel to run the Sangoma cards in TDM Voice
> mode.

That's not 100% correct. You do not have to patch the kernel SOURCES -
this step is optional. If you do not patch the kernel SOURCES, the
wanpipe installer still compiles the required modules and copy them into
the respective /lib/modules/... directory.

My Asterisk server is running fine with an A102 and there were no kernel
SOURCES installed during wanpipe installation.

regards
klaus