[Asterisk-Users] CallerID retain on internal transfer

Michael J. Tubby B.Sc (Hons) G8TIC mike.tubby at thorcom.co.uk
Mon May 15 06:10:29 MST 2006

I'm seeing a similar thing...

We have Asterisk 1.2.7.1, Chan CAPI and a home-brewed IVR/Auto Attendant
that
places in-bound calls to role-based riinging groups like "sales", "support",
"admin" etc.
which works well, but from a 7960G phone (SIP 7.5) if the person that
answers a
call then transfers it on to another extension transferee (recipeient) sees
the Caller*ID
of the transferor (internal role-based extension number) and not the
Caller*ID of the
original calling party.

I took this to be a limitation of the way in which Cisco implement
Attended/Blind
transfers in the SIP firmware of the 7960G phone...?

Mike