[Asterisk-Users] S100-FX v2 audio quality

Ben Holt ben at emediastudios.com
Sat May 13 07:40:16 MST 2006

Darrick Hartman wrote:
> Tom Vile wrote:
>> Same problem with audio quality.  Got rid of them.  Also the context
>> line only allowed 12 characters and we need more than that for some
>> installations, I didn't want to have to rename 100 contexts to less
>> than 12 characters.
> Which audio codecs were you using?  I'm using g729 to connect mine to
> the Asterisk box and don't have any audio problems.  Calls routed out
> over voip and my POTS lines via a TMD400 card both sounds good.  I would
> communicate the problems back to the manufacturer.  They seemed
> interested in feedback.  It is upgradeable via ftp so perhaps the
> context line can be modified by them.

The audio quality issue I am experiencing is white background noise.  I
have tried g711u, gsm, and iLBC without any noticeable change.

I am pretty sure it is not codec related as it is audible even during
the dial tone or the 'silent' period between dialing and ringing (and of
course throughout the call). Adjusting the audio gain doesn't seem to
improve the situation and I have confirmed with the manufacturer that I
am using the latest firmware.

- Ben