[Asterisk-Users] fc5 and link to sources?

Earl Terwilliger earlt at unete.com.ve
Sat May 13 06:58:24 MST 2006

On Saturday 13 May 2006 09:02, Rich Adamson wrote:
> Earl Terwilliger wrote:

> >> I see:
> >> [root at localhost build]# ls
> >> arch     crypto         init    MAINTAINERS    README          usr
> >> block    Documentation  ipc     Makefile       REPORTING-BUGS
> >> configs  drivers        Kbuild  Makefile.orig  scripts
> >> COPYING  fs             kernel  mm             security
> >> CREDITS  include        lib     net            sound
> >> [root at localhost build]#
> >>
> >> which I thought was correct.

> >> Its a new install, no updates, so only a single kernel installed.
> >> [root at localhost build]# uname -r
> >> 2.6.15-1.2054_FC5
> >> which exactly matches the kernel source download/install.
> >>
> >> About six of the source files in the zaptel directory compile, however
> >> it barfs with several hundred errors when compiling zaptel.c.
> >>
> >> Rich

Hello Rich,

Here is what worked for me..

1) install FC5 (selected most everthing i could think of.. i miss the install
ALL option <GRIN>) Notice this link too with the options you need for FC5 and
more info on the FC5 broken kernel

http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+Linux+Fedora

2) yum -y update

3) yum install kernel-devel

then i installed Asterisk including Zaptel and it all went ok...  Notice that
you don't need the kernel source just the development package which has all
the headers, etc. needed to compile Asterisk +

HOWEVER.. i did not check out from svn..  I use my handy/dandy install script
of which the 1st part is as follows:

#!/bin/bash

AST='1.2.7.1'
ZAP='1.2.5'