[Asterisk-Users] Re: Problem setting locale for voicemail

Álvaro Palma apalma at opschile.cl
Fri May 12 07:28:23 MST 2006

Ok, this is my voicemail.conf:

[general]
attach=yes
charset=ISO-8859-1
emailbody=${VM_NAME}:\n\nUd ha recibido un nuevo mensaje de voz, de
${VM_DUR} segundos.\n\nTeléfono: ${VM_CALLERID}.\nFecha:
${VM_DATE}.\n\nEl mensaje ha sido adjunto a este correo.\n\nPor favor,
no responda este mensaje, esta casilla no es válida.
emaildateformat=%A %d de %B de %Y, %T
emailsubject=Nuevo mensaje de voz para ${VM_MAILBOX}
envelope=yes
format=wav49
fromstring=Correo de Voz
language=es
maxgreet=60
maxlogins=3
maxmessage=180
maxmsg=100
maxsilence=10
minmessage=3
nextaftercmd=yes
operator=no
pbxskip=yes
review=no
saycid=yes
sendvoicemail=yes
serveremail=no_reply at mydomain.cl
skipms=3000
silencethreshold=128
sayduration=yes
saydurationm=2

[zonemessages]
chile_continental=Chile/Continental|'vm-received' 'digits/at' A d B R
chile_insular=Chile/EasterIsland|'vm-received' 'digits/at' A d B R

[default]

01 => pass01,Test01,01 at mydomain.cl,,tz=chile_continental|delete=yes

I don't know is language is an option for voicemail.conf. However, in
zapata.conf and sip.conf (the two types of channels I'm using), langauge
it is an option. In both, I set it to "language=es". In fact, I
downloaded sounds for spanish, and I can hear all the prompts correctly
in spanish, but the email text is still localized as english. I tried
with my locale set as "es", "es_ES" and "es_CL", but nothing happened.

Thanks for your help

--
Atly.
Álvaro Palma