[Asterisk-Users] S100-FX v2 audio quality

Darrick Hartman dhartman at djhsolutions.com
Fri May 12 07:07:04 MST 2006

Tom Vile wrote:
> Same problem with audio quality.  Got rid of them.  Also the context
> line only allowed 12 characters and we need more than that for some
> installations, I didn't want to have to rename 100 contexts to less
> than 12 characters.
Which audio codecs were you using?  I'm using g729 to connect mine to
the Asterisk box and don't have any audio problems.  Calls routed out
over voip and my POTS lines via a TMD400 card both sounds good.  I would
communicate the problems back to the manufacturer.  They seemed
interested in feedback.  It is upgradeable via ftp so perhaps the
context line can be modified by them.

I don't know how well they will perform over time.  I've only had this
unit for 2 weeks.  We were planning on ordering several more for a
client who wants to connect several remote users.  Both will spend
considerable amounts of time on the phone so it has to just work.  For
the advertised feature set, these looked impressive.

Darrick

--
Darrick Hartman
DJH Solutions, LLC